뉴욕 HEAP 프로그램
뉴욕 공공 서비스 위원회(New York Public Service Commission)에 따르면 2021-2022 겨울 시즌의 전기 및 천연 가스 요금은 작년보다 높을 것으로 예상되며 천연 가스는 주 전체에서 평균 약 21% 증가할 것으로 예상됩니다.
뉴욕주 에너지 연구 개발국(New York State Energy Research and Development Authority)의 프로판 가격 대시보드(Propane Pricing Dashboard)에 따르면 프로판은 또한 지난 겨울 이후 약 30% 증가했습니다.
COVID-19의 경제적 영향으로 뉴욕 가정은 난방비를 지불하는 데 어려움을 겪을 수 있습니다.
난방 및 유틸리티 지원 신청
올해 10월 Hochul 주지사는 추운 날씨에 뉴욕 주민들을 돕기 위한 가정 난방 지원에 3억 7,300만 달러를 발표했습니다.
적격 주택 소유자 및 세입자는 소득, 가구 규모 및 주택 난방 방식에 따라 최대 $751를 제공할 수 있는 주택 에너지 지원 프로그램(HEAP)을 신청할 수 있습니다.4인 가족의 최대 월 소득은 $5,249 또는 연간 총 소득은 $62,983이며 이전 연도 기준액보다 약간 증가한 혜택을 받을 자격이 있습니다.
전기세 관련 혜택프로그램에 지원하기 위해서는 아래 링크를 클릭해서 지원할 수 있습니다.
You can apply for a Regular HEAP Benefit:
When the HEAP Regular benefit is open you may apply online if your household resides outside of New York City. This application is for a Regular HEAP benefit only.
When the HEAP Regular benefit is open you may apply in person at your HEAP Local District Contact.
When the HEAP Regular benefit is open, print and mail the completed HEAP application:
- Outside of New York City mail it to your HEAP Local District Contact, or
- New York City residents can mail it to: NYC DSS/HRA/HEAP, PO Box 1401, Church Street Station, New York, NY 10008
In addition to the $373 million in funding, Governor Hochul announced that New York State is providing $150 million in federal funding to help low-income households pay heating utility arrears. This Regular Arrears Supplement benefit is available to households who are eligible for HEAP and behind on their heating utility bills, but that do not qualify for the utility assistance offered by New York’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program. The one-time payments can cover all accumulated heating utility arrears up to $10,000 per household.
You may apply for the Regular Arrears Supplement benefit with your HEAP Local District Contact.
Applications for assistance are accepted at local departments of social services in person or by telephone, with funding provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Here is a list of local offices by county. Residents outside of New York City may also apply online for regular heating assistance benefits. New York City residents may download an application and obtain program information here.
Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements to receive a regular HEAP benefit, which vary by income and household size, and be in active collections or otherwise facing disconnection or termination of service. Applicants must also be the utility customer of record or pay a utility directly.
Heating Equipment Repair or Replacement Benefit
Help is also now available to assist eligible homeowners if their primary heating equipment is unsafe or not operating and their furnace or boiler must be repaired or replaced. Benefit amounts through the HEAP Heating Equipment Repair and Replacement program are based on the actual cost incurred to repair or replace the essential heating equipment -up to $3,000 for a repair and $6,500 for a replacement.
Emergency HEAP Benefits
Starting Jan. 3, HEAP will also provide a one-time emergency benefit to eligible households that are facing a heating emergency.
You may be eligible for an emergency HEAP benefit if:
- Your electricity is necessary for your heating system or thermostat to work and is either shut-off or scheduled to be shut off or
- Your electric or natural gas heat is off or scheduled to be shut-off or
- You are out of fuel, or you have less than one quarter tank of fuel oil, kerosene or propane or have less than a ten (10) day supply of wood, wood pellets, corn, or other deliverable heat source.
- Your income is at or below the current income guidelines as posted in the table below or you receive Family Assistance, Safety Net Assistance, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (SNAP) or Code A Supplemental Security Income.
- The heating and/or electric bill is in your name and
- Your household’s available resources are:
- less than $2,000 if no member of your household is age 60 or older; or
- less than $3,000 if any member of your household is age 60 or older.
You can apply for a HEAP Emergency benefit:
When the HEAP Emergency benefit is open you may call your HEAP Local District Contact for assistance.
When the HEAP Emergency benefit is open you may apply in person at your HEAP Local District Contact.
You can apply for a Heating Equipment Repair and Replacement benefit:
You may call your HEAP Local District Contact to apply for Heating Equipment Repair and Replacement benefits. The in-person interview and application requirement is temporarily suspended. The district will provide more information on how to submit the application and required documentation.